Sunday, April 26, 2009

Understanding Memory (Part 2)

In my last article.....I pointed out a 'probable' relation between Memory and Understanding!!!!!!!!
Well I would like to thank my friend Sukrit for helping me out further with it and point out the many flaws in it......which has strengthened my theory further and also did a slight modification......I donno how to put that conversation before you so I thought that best way would be to put it exactly before you as it took place!!! So here it is,
me: hey!!
 sukrit1990: hi
 me: so wassup?
 sukrit1990: nothing yaar
  bas gettin bored
10:13 AM tum batao... read my comments?
 me: yaaah
 sukrit1990: :)
 me: quite good argument
  but you know m talkin about long time intervals
10:14 AM when u r into memorizing alot n a lot......u consequently lose ur ability to understand
all u know is how to mugup
10:15 AM sukrit1990: really mae?
  is that so?
  hey c'mon
 me: yeah that's wat i've observed
  !!!
  n read!!!
10:16 AM sukrit1990: i memorized lots of poems in nursery class
  i still remember them and my power to understand is still there
 me: ha ha......that's ur versatile stage
  ur mind is very flexible at that stage
10:18 AM 
u learn manythings at that stage..............but that dosen't mean that u gonna do it whole of ur life
  :)
When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not.
10:19 AM sukrit1990: achcha ..... let me take u to a different level
 me: yeah
10:20 AM sukrit1990: why didnt u plot a straight line with slope of -1?
  why is it a hyperbola?
  u mean to say when u are not understanding...... u can memorize infinitely?
10:21 AM me: yeah that's human mind
10:22 AM i say that there's a possibility
  that u cud do it
  but not neccesarily everyone
  !!!
 sukrit1990: hmmmm...... okie
10:23 AM me: kmow a diseaes called somewhat 'savant' something
  wait a sec
10:24 AM yeah "AUTISTIC SAVANT'
  :)
  u cud read it
10:25 AM According to Treffert, something that almost all savants have in common is a prodigious memory of a special type, a memory that he describes as "very deep, but exceedingly narrow".[1]
  get it???
 sukrit1990: hmmmm...... ya..... but thats a disease man
10:26 AM me: shudn't we include diseased humans in our studys???
  well u cant say that's a diseases!!
10:27 AM that can b looked upon as a special ability
10:28 AM sukrit1990: okie ... call it a special ability..... but special abilities shud be considered as exceptions .... not as ur study
  :)
10:29 AM me: well ur seeing the infinite end of that graph is also an exception!!!
  u cud neveer reach it...talking theoritically
10:31 AM satisfied
  ?
 sukrit1990: not at all
  firstly... i dont think they shud be inversely related
  secondly..... even if they are, it shud not be a hyperbola
10:32 AM me: ok i m not very certain about the shape of the graph
  its jst a possibility
 sukrit1990: haan.... can be
  but an intereseting theory on a whole
10:33 AM something on which i would like to study bout
  and discuss
10:34 AM me: is the rest of the theory satisfying
  ?
  to u?
10:35 AM sukrit1990: i only read this theory till now
  still have to read the others
 me: do u know others too?
10:36 AM sukrit1990: not yet
 me: ha ha
  well then thanx for this discussion'
 sukrit1990: hahaha
  in fact i shud thank u
  a really nice theory
10:37 AM me: it has help me identify several loopholes in it
  n it'll help me improve it
 sukrit1990: keep working on it
 me: like i haven't described many points in it
 sukrit1990: who knows.. u can get a nobel prize for it
 me: which i'll describe now
10:38 AM n plz tell ny other u find
        sukrit1990: ya sure
    me: i'll say u read one on superstition
  its got another of my theory
 10:40 AM 
sukrit1990: sure
 me: thanx again ......bbyeeee
 sukrit1990: bye bye
 me: gotta study for my class tests
 sukrit1990: kk
 me: gotta both memorize n understand!!!
10:41 AM haha
 sukrit1990: hahahaa
 me: bbyeeeeeee
 sukrit1990: best of luck
  bye
 me: thanx
So I think that you might have gotta know what actually was the problem with it!!.....once again I would thank Sukrit for his contribution.>:)

0 comments: